The IMU Networks team is currently assigned to install a new WIFI router in all the classrooms of the Middle and Secondary schools together with Learning Support Centres, within Malta and Gozo. These works are not limited to classrooms only but include Offices, Halls, Gymnasiums and other locations. IMU engaged a team of seven (7) Infrastructural Officers and to date 1500 routers have been deployed using an estimated 70km runs of CAT6 Network cable.
Other infrastructural works in schools includes:
- Network Commissioning for several water fountains in schools
- Network Commissioning of various new receptions in schools
- New Network infrastructure for Qormi HCN’s new office
- Installation of several network points and new WIFI Access Points due to the shifting of classrooms during the pandemic.
- Laying of fibre optic cables within Naxxar & Hamrun Campuses to improve network speeds and stability.
- Several new infrastructure calls arising in Schools and child care centres.