In January 2022, the National Literacy Agency started the 8th cycle of the Footballers’ Read and Write Programme (FRWP) / Bil-Qari u l-Kitba Niskorja. The schools participating in this cycle are:
- Gżira Primary, from St Clare College
- Kalkara Primary, Senglea Primary, Vittoriosa Primary, and Xgħajra Primary from St Margaret College
- Mtarfa Primary from St Nicholas College
- Żejtun Primary B from St Thomas More College
- Blata l-Bajda Middle School from St Ġorġ Preca College
- Immaculate Conception Secondary School, St Jeanne Antide College, of Tarxien
The aim of this programme is to inspire a love of reading and writing amongst students through fun and stimulating football related activities. A trained Literacy Leader and Sports Leader lead each session and motivate their pupils to reach their language and football goals. The majority of pupils that participated in past FRWP cycles registered an improvement in their reading level by the end of the programme. The National Literacy Agency would like to thank the educators and management teams of the participating schools for their collaboration.
We encourage you to follow our Facebook page Bil-Qari u l-Kitba Niskorja/Footballers Read and Write Programme for weekly updates on these pupils’ FRWP journey. For further information, please call us on 2598 3324.