On the 28th of April 2022, Maria Regina College organised a symposium which was introduced by the Permanent Secretary, Mr Matthew Vella. Mr Patrick Decelis, Head of College Network, gave a presentation about the Vision and Plan and how the studies and publications presented on the day all relate to this year’s College Plan.
The following College publications were launched:
- Resources for Multidisciplinary Teaching & Learning Yr 1 , Yr 2, Yr 3 Mary Rose Cordina
- Pakketti ta’ Riżorsi għat-Tielet u r-Raba’ sena tal-Primarja Michelle Zarb & Odette Schembri
The studies presented were the following:
- Students’ perceptions of barriers to their wellbeing, potential and identity formation Trevor Kissaun
- Challenges of teaching and learning Maltese Jeanette Muscat
- Developing a whole-school positive behaviour policy Aaron Borg
- Schools’ perspectives on the implementation and effectiveness of AfL Odette Schembri
Thank you goes also to the Hon Minister Dr Clifton Grima and the two panels made up of the DGs – Ms Galea, Mr Zammit and Mr Vassallo and Prof Calleja (UoM), Ms Cassar (MCAST) Ms Grima (IfE).
Thanks also to all those who helped in the organisation and the 50 persons who attended face to face and another 750 who followed online. The success is tangible since a discussion on the themes presented is underway throughout Maria Regina College and beyond.