Launched jointly in 2010 by the European Parliament’s LUX Audience Award, Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema will welcome 27 young filmgoers who will represent a film theatre of the Europa Cinemas network as well as one of the 27 member states of the European Union.
Who can participate ?
- Regular moviegoers, passionate about cinema, aged between 18 – 25 years
- Good communicators active on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat)
- Good writing skills (articles and blogs)
- Have skills in podcasting, blogging, video editing, photography or any other communication tool
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) to actively take part in the discussions about the films with film professionals,
- Can write professional articles and blog posts
How to apply ?
- Shoot a video where you explain what you love in cinema. Start your video saying “Cinema for me is…”
- Video should be shot in English
- In high resolution (full HD: 1920×1080 px) and with an excellent audio recording, in a well lit room/with a well-lit background
- Duration: 30 seconds
- The following information should be visible in the video: Name of the candidate and country of origin,
- Fill in the online form here –https://form.jotform.com/EuropaCinemas/27TC-application-form-2023
- The video should be sent via Wetransfer
- Submit your online application form and video to Spazju Kreattiv Cinema by Tuesday 28th March at NOON by emailing it to [email protected]
- Your email title should be 27 Times Cinema + Your Name
What happens if you are the lucky one?
- Prepare your trip to Venice!
- You win a flight ticket to Venice and get free accommodation in the Lido where the festival takes place. You’ll be offered a free festival accreditation (giving priority access to the Giornate degli Autori screenings).
You should commit yourself to:
- Be present in Venice before the start of the festival, from Tuesday 29th August to Sunday 10 September 2023.
- Be a jury member for the films competing for Giornate degli Autori,
- Take part in round-table discussions, masterclasses and workshops focused on improving your communication skills as influencer to be actively involved in raising awareness of the LUX Audience Award,
- Contribute to Europa Cinemas website and social networks,
- Promote the new LUX Audience Award after the festival using the skills learned in Venice,
- Attend and help organise events in the frame of the LUX Audience Award (mainly January-May of the following year),
- Be available to participate in the LUX Selection panel for the 2024 edition.